December 28, 2009
Ask yourself questions about open mindedness to better understand why the relationship between you and another person is strained or broken.
These questions are part of a series on understanding how your personality affects your relationships, especially those that are strained or broken.
Exploring Your Personality #4: Open-mindedness
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS
- Do I tend to defend my personal views and opinions whenever they are questioned? Why?
- If I am quick to be skeptical about the ideas or motives of others so I can keep my distance from them, is it possible I do that in order to feel more secure? If I think this is true, why am I hesitant to be close to others?
- Do I tend to reduce anxiety in stressful situations by being critical and/or trying to find someone or something to blame? Why?
- When I think about a person with whom I have a strained or broken relationship, how would I answer these questions about him or her? Why?
- What effect does the degree to which we have open minds have to do with our relationship? Why?