March 25, 2010
Ask yourself questions about your sense of humor to help you better understand why a relationship between you and another person may be strained or broken.
These questions are part of a series on understanding how your personality affects your relationships, especially those that are strained or broken.
Incidentally, while I’m gone to a conference in Washington, DC, I’ll be listening for a good joke to share when I return. We’ll see whether my sense of humor matches yours. Of course, if you want to send me something you think is funny, be sure to contact me and we’ll see if I enjoy the same jokes as you do.
Exploring Your Personality #16: A Sense of Humor
ASK YOURSELF THESE QUESTIONS:
- Do I think I have a sense of humor? If so, how do I express it? If not, to what do I attribute my lack of humor?
- What do I think is the funniest thing I’ve ever seen?
- What is the funniest thing I’ve ever done?
- Have I ever tried to explain what I found funny that someone else didn’t? What happened?
- What do the answers to these questions say about my relationship with others?