July 27, 2011
Need a pun to brighten the day?
A few years ago on Support4Change I had a Take-a-Break with a slide show of affirmations that included the statement:
Smile. It will keep the energy vampires away.
What a delightful thought.
Today I would like to give you something to smile about — a list of puns you can enjoy by yourself, or even better, share with someone. It will make both of you smile.
1. I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger. Then it hit me.
2. Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.
3. Did you hear about the guy whose whole left side was cut off? He’s all right now.
4. To write with a broken pencil is pointless.
5. The short fortune teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
6. A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.
7. When the smog lifts in Los Angeles , U.C.L.A.
8. The math professor went crazy with the blackboard. He did a number on it!
9. The professor discovered that her theory of earthquakes was on shaky ground.
10. The dead batteries were given out free of charge.
11. A dentist and a manicurist fought tooth and nail.
12. A bicycle can’t stand alone; it is just two-tired.
13. A will is a dead giveaway.
14. A backward poet writes inverse.
15. A chicken crossing the road: poultry in motion.
16. With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.
17. A grenade fell onto a kitchen floor in France, resulted in linoleum blownapart.
18. He broke into song because he couldn’t find the key.
19. A calendar’s days are numbered.
20. A boiled egg is hard to beat.
21. If you jump off a Paris bridge, you are in Seine.
22. When she saw her first strands of gray hair, she thought she’d dye.
23. Bakers trade bread recipes on a knead to know basis.
24. Acupuncture: a jab well done.
Send me your favorite puns. The “groanier” the better.