January 28, 2013
If you want some inspiration today, please watch this video and then learn more about the people who made it.
Wanting to learn why and how the video was created, I came across the website SoulPancake, which is interactive, creative and thought provoking. It is produced by a group of people, headed by Rainn Wilson (best known for playing Dwight Schrute on NBC’s The Office), who plan experiences “that urge you to explore philosophy, creativity, spirituality, love, truth, science, and so much more.”
When I read that they have written a book called SoulPancake: Chew on Life’s Big Questions, I went to Amazon to learn more. There I read that the book is based on the idea that “somewhere over the course of history, chewing on Life’s Big Questions lost its cool factor. SoulPancake has set out to change that.”
After reading a number of Amazon reviews, I decided that their book would complement my own book, Ask Yourself Questions and Change Your Life. Although I haven’t yet read their book and can’t vouch for it myself, I am impressed with the reviews. Fifty-one people giving it a rating of almost 5 stars must count for something. These reviews (and others) have definitely encouraged me to buy a copy.
- Be careful when you pick this book up-it will suck you in. Thought provoking, fascinating and a treat for your eyes. So much to love and worth every cent. Exquisitely written and designed. Easy to read and navigate & a perfect conversation starter. I can use this book introspectively with a cup of tea or as a social prompt with guests.
- In this book spiritual, philosophical and psychological ingredients are mixed with arts and humour to create a delicious mind feast which has a natural transforming power on one’s being. It is fun and delightfully easy to read and yet the insight it generates is deep and meaningful. I love to share the important and thought provoking questions raised in this book with people at various gatherings and I find the discussions generated by these questions most interesting and very enlightening.
- This is a good strong balance of wisdom and humor and alot [sic] of insight to alot [sic] of questions. a very intelligent, well written and composed book that has great visuals and also so much content to ease you right in and make you feel comfortable. a fun and insightful book that makes you feel good and connected after you read it.
- Interactive, Colorful, Delicious, Fantastic. Rainn Wilson and the co-writers are wonderfully inspiring. The book is bursting with new ideas, creative dares, and wild, thought-provoking art. The pages are full of spine-tingling ideas, questions, challenges and themes from a wide spectrum of the human experience. The enormous range of quotes and artistic graphic really draws together everything the title suggest: a well-baked batter for the soul. A great, refreshing idea for a website, and now a book!
- Not only is each page of Soulpancake filled with beautiful artwork, but the questions on the pages are thought-provoking and the idea lists are entertaining. I have actually used some of the questions in my work as a life coach and clients respond with interesting and poignant responses. This book is for anyone who wants to challenge their brain and ponder the meaty questions of life.
- Most wonderful book I have ever owned, makes you think. Will keep you busy with plenty of experiences, thoughts, and emotions! Still not even half way through with my adventure, makes you LIVE!
If you buy SoulPancake: Chew on Life’s Big Questions as well as well as Ask Yourself Questions and Change Your Life, I would really like to know how you think they can be used together.
|Did you enjoy this post?
Here are a some related posts from this blog, and articles from the Support4Change website: