September 9, 2013
Deepen relationships by asking questions about your personality
Before looking at the questions at the bottom of the page, read the quotes below and notice which ones most resonate with you.
Man is by nature competitive, combative, ambitious, jealous, envious, and vengeful. — Arthur Keith
❖ ❖ ❖
I’m competitive with myself. I always try to push past my own borders. — Tyra Banks
❖ ❖ ❖
The world is so competitive, aggressive, consumive, selfish and during the time we spend here we must be all but that. — Jose Mourinho
❖ ❖ ❖
I’m at peace with myself and where I am. In the past, I was always looking to see how everybody else was doing. I wasn’t competitive, I was comparative. I just wanted to be where everybody else was. Now I’ve gotten to an age when I am not comparing anymore. — Courteney Cox
❖ ❖ ❖
Instead of seeing these children for the blessings that they are, we are measuring them only by the standard of whether they will be future deficits or assets for our nation’s competitive needs. — Jonathan Kozol
❖ ❖ ❖
The fundamental defect of fathers, in our competitive society, is that they want their children to be a credit to them. — Bertrand Russell
❖ ❖ ❖
Now look at the questions below and share this post with a friend.
Suggested Method for Exploring Questions
Questions About How Competitive You Are
- Do I tend to turn anything into a contest? For example, if I slow down as I come to a toll booth and notice that a car of the same model and color as mine arrives at another booth next to me at the same time, do I toss my coins into the slot and as I begin to pull away from the booth, do I check to see if I’m ahead of the other driver?
- How important is my need to win?
- To what extent does competing against others and winning give me a sense of self-worth, fulfilling my need for commendation and praise?
- If I were totally honest with myself, would I have to agree that I constantly compare myself with others in an attempt to create a sense of superiority — an approach to life that makes up for a belief, way down deep inside, that I’m not really okay just as I am?
Here is Another Way to Explore What Competition Means to You
- For me, competition means _________.
- Competition has carried me through difficult situations by ______.
- I most need competition when _________.
- The way I express competition in my life is by _________.
- For me, a symbol that represents competition is __________.
|Did you enjoy this post?
Here are a some related posts from this blog, and articles from the Support4Change website: